Main Purpose/Job Summary
As a coordinator, you will oversee departmental administration and provide practical support
and assistance to News & Programs, Operations and Production departments.
The role will involve administrative and organizational skills and involves managing the
rota, freelancers, equipment’s, booking hotels and making travel arrangements.
As well as the senior management in the department and the Executive Office, you will also
closely work with Procurement, Finance, Legal and the Hr department on requests,
approvals, Contracts, PRF, Payments and On-Boarding for new joiners.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Booking flights and accommodation.
· Organising travel arrangements via trains/cars as required.
· Managing last-minute changes to travel requirements.
· Focusing on best practice planning to reduce costs where possible.
· Manage Diaries, type and distribute schedules, or call sheets.
· Deal with accounts and expenses.
· Sort out enquiries and other paperwork.
· Filing expenses & checking invoices for anomalies.
· Meeting and greeting guests.
· Maintaining schedules, and logging leaves for all staff.
· Logging all sick days all staff.
· Liaising with HR on general maintenance/troubleshooting of absence
· Visa applications for department employees.
· Providing monthly reports of all absences to HR.
· Liaising with HR and IT for the set-up of new hires and freelancers.
· Booking meeting rooms for departmental meetings.
· Annual press card applications for Journalists.
· Help with PowerPoint presentations for management meetings.
· Maintenance of email group
Key Skills/ Personal Attributes and Knowledge:
· I.T Skills.
· Organizational Skills.
· Adaptability / flexibility.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· The ability to work effectively as part of a team and alone.
· Stamina, persistence, enthusiasm, motivation and a proactive manner.
· The ability to remain calm and level-headed under pressure.
· Initiative, flexibility, adaptability, common sense and problem-solving skills.
· Sound administrative and organizational skills.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Relevant experience in television industry is preferred.
· Qualifications in either communications, media studies, humanities, English or business studies.
· At least 2 years experience preferably in the broadcast industry.