In this role, a Production Coordinator will provide practical support and assistance to production teams.
The role will involve administrative and organizational skills. A typical day might involve hiring studios and equipment, distributing and researching scripts, booking hotels and making travel arrangements, dealing with accounts and expenses, timing shows, keeping records of shorts and tracking continuity between shots.
They might cue pre-recorded material, assist on location, clear copyright and get permission for music and other materials and complete post-production paperwork.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Attend production meetings;
• Help to set up the production office with the necessary supplies;
• Type, edit, copy and distribute scripts;
• Organize travel arrangements for cast, crew and production executives;
• Organize accommodation for cast and crew;
• Type and distribute schedules, or call sheets;
• Assist cast and crew members, sometimes running errands for them;
• Run errands between the production office and other departments;
• Deal with accounts and expenses;
• Sort out enquiries and other paperwork;
• Set up relevant insurance cover and help with visas for cast and crew;
• Close accounts with suppliers and deal with surplus stock when the production is finished
• Check running orders and scripts;
• keep track of timings during a programme;
• Setting up pre-recorded material in the studio gallery;
• Make schedules, shot lists, logs and other paperwork for post-production.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Relevant experience in the production and/or television industry;
- A relevant degree ;
- The ability to demonstrate knowledge, experience or a genuine interest in television is essential;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team and alone;
- Stamina, persistence, enthusiasm, motivation and a proactive manner;
- The ability to remain calm and level-headed under pressure;
- Initiative, flexibility, adaptability, common sense and problem-solving skills;
- Sound administrative and organizational skills.
Closing Date: 16/12/2021